Friday, February 26, 2010

10 Months

Dear Lilah,
Another month come and gone! I know I say it every month, but I seriously felt like I wrote your 9 months letter hours ago. This month we have seen you make HUGE strides in your development...literally! You are now cruising around the entire house. You can quickly crawl across the room, pull up on the couch, cruise across the couch, reach out for the wall, cruise along the wall and end up on the other side of the house in no time. A couple of weeks ago, you and Daddy surprised me when you guys called me into the living room and I see you standing in the middle of the floor (by yourself! not holding onto anything!); you were grinning at me ear-to-ear. You always get so proud of yourself when you accomplish another task; you smile and look around for us to acknowledge your success. I really feel like it will be any day now before you take your first unassisted steps. You have even started climbing up on things; you can go up small steps and will climb on top of many of your toys. (This scares Mommy..a lot!)
This month we ran the Bridgefest 5k! This is the 2nd year we have run it as a family. Last year you were still in my tummy (I was 30 weeks pregnant), but you were there. This month we made another trip out to Brenham to pick up meat, and we stopped by the Blue Bell factory for a sweet treat. The lady at the ice cream counter gave you a small cup of homemade vanilla, and when Daddy gave you a small bite, you looked horrified! Your expression said "why in the world would you want to eat something this cold?!"

Speaking of eating, you are doing a little more of that these days. You are still more interested in playing with the food, but we can usually get you to eat a few bites of things throughout the day. You LOVE cut-up pieces of pear, peas, blueberries, avocado, black beans, shredded chicken, rice and rice pasta in coconut oil. You start out a meal enthusiastically, but quickly just start playing with your sippy cup and start storing the food in your little chipmunk cheeks instead of swallowing. You are still a chunkster and are gaining weight, so we know you're not starving. You still pretty much nurse very 2-4 hours around the clock; I still love spending this time with you and don't see us giving this up any time soon. You are currently working on getting your 7th and 8th teeth in; I can see them right under the gum, but they don't seem to be bothering you too badly. This month, we all went to our first Rocket's game at the Toyota Center. You had a blast!! Me, you, Daddy, Uncle Matty, and Uncle Josh all went, and we had an entire row to ourselves so you spent the whole game walking up and down the 5 empty seats that were next to us. You were smiling at everyone who would look at you! This month you have really started responding to your name and the word "No!". You hear the latter quite often because you are going through a phase where you pick up EVERY small object from the floor and put it into your mouth. If I say "NO", it stops you for just enough time for me to get to you and remove said object. We always joke that if given the choice between the coolest toy in the world and a box full of dirty hypodermic needles, you would get up and sprint to the needles! You seem to have an affinity for anything that could potentially cause you harm. It has been a fun month Beanie! I have enjoyed watching you crawl away and play with the big kids at our playdates. I am so proud to see you becoming more independent, but also sad when I just want to snuggle you in my lap, but you squirm and grunt until I put you down so that you can play. growing fast and there is no slowing it down! We love you SO much and can't believe that you have been at home with us for nearly a year!!
Love,
Mom

No comments: