Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Best Present Ever!!

I have to dedicate this post to my first X-mas present of the season...tonight, due to some very speedy shipping, I got one of my Christmas presents early!! My fabulous brother-in-law, Jon, had rice pudding overnighted to me from New York City! :)
Here is the background story; Chris, Jon, and I went to visit New York in the spring of 2006. While there we walked down to Lombardi's one day to stuff our faces with amazing pizza. On the way back, we ran into the coolest looking restaurant/shop that we recognized from a food network show; it was called Rice to Riches. Inside we found a contemporary, new-age cafe with one item on the menu: rice pudding. Now usually I am not that big of a rice pudding fan, but after reading their flavors, I was sold. We each indulged in a bowl of deliciousness. It was served in these cool plastic reusable bowl tupperware things with futuristic looking spoons! For the last 2 years I have reminisced about our trip to this rice pudding mecca, and this year for Christmas, Jon brought Rice to Riches to me! I have a large bowl of my very own "Sex, Drugs, and Rocky Road" chillin in my refrigerator!! That tub of sweetness was like crack to this pregnant lady!! Here is a pic of the goods:

On a side note, here is the latest belly picture (22 weeks) taken of course after stuffing myself with rice pudding :)

No comments: