Saturday, January 3, 2009

Hello 2009!

Oh 2008! How I will miss you...we had some good times! Alas, a new year is upon us and promises to offer even more exciting things! Chris and I have been enjoying our holiday time together, and I am sad to see him go back to work on Monday, but hey, someone has to pay the bills around here.
We enjoyed being able to spend time with our families and also enjoyed the time we had to work on house projects. We welcomed the new year with a visit to our midwife on January 2nd. Everything is looking peachy; baby is moving around well, and I am measuring right on track. My weight gain is right on track now (12 pounds total) so that is good. It was nice to hear the little one's heart beating away with the doppler again!! Here are some more belly shots from the last few weeks. I am posting these more frequently because I am seriously growing bigger every single day!


On another note, Chris and I are celebrating our 4 year anniversary today (January 3rd). I can't believe that 4 years ago we walked into the Brazos county courthouse in Bryan, Texas wearing jeans and flip-flops and said "I Do!" in front of a Justice of the Peace and her secretary! (We didn't even have wedding bands to exchange!) It was more perfect than anything I could have imagined; we really needed nothing else to make us happy! This morning Chris surprised me with breakfast in bed complete with fresh flowers, homemade blueberry waffles, fresh strawberries, and a McDonald's iced coffee (my favorite secret indulgence...I only allow myself one every month or so)
Here is my beautiful spread:

Hope everyone has a wonderful start to 2009! Ciao :)

No comments: